February 27, 2008

Snow makes people nervous

It's been a record year for snow here in the north east, the snowiest since 1887 in fact. Personally I love it, I love sledding, snowshoeing, all the things we have to do here in New England to avoid going crazy during this kind of weather.

But the snow also makes people nervous. Take for example my office window. Okay, I'll admit to being a bit nervous about the possibility of another cave in.
Compare this picture to an earlier one from the same point of view.

I think the largest group of folks on campus who are getting nervous about the large amounts of snow are the sophomores who are starting to think about our annual spring camping expedition. One of them asked me yesterday if I thought there would be snow on the trails at the end of May. I would guess yes at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment