February 5, 2010

Hi, I am the Spring 2010 Intern of Experiential Education

I'm Taylor the intern working with Mr. Has Mundahl for the duration of the 2009-2010 academic year. This week has been kind of an orientation for me at NHS, so let me fill you in on a few things I will be working on this spring.

1. Assisting with completion of logistical preparations for Soph Ex, including gear room refurbishment.

2. Making a promotional video for JUA, including filming before and during the courses.

3. Reviewing and updating a mock AEE accreditation from 2005, in hopes of moving the Program/ School further in a potential course to be accredited by the Association of Experiential Education.

Also, I will be working with several faculty members in the science department in a classroom setting (a little different then I am used to coming from an Adventure Education program).

Speaking of faculty, I will be attending the 7:45 am faculty meetings every Wednesday morning, coffee anyone? I had to a thermos full this week.

All in all I am feeling great about how my time here at NHS will be spent. After a welcome from 400 students and staff at todays school meeting who wouldn't? I have a variety of projects that will keep things interesting, not to mention the food is awesome! So thanks all and I look forward to keeping you updated on the regular.

Taylor



1 comment: