October 14, 2008

New England Adventure Networks

New England is a beautiful area - we have mountains, rivers and the ocean. Combine that with the proliferation of educational institutions, summer camps and guiding outfits and you have a pretty sweet environment for folks who like to work with young people in the outdoors.

Why then aren't there more networks connecting us all together? I was asked this question recently by a colleague from the Oliverian School. I was inspired to write this post and share a few links of local or niche educator networks.

Still I think there is some opportunity for some kind of a network of New England professionals working in schools - I don't see a lot of movement in that area.

So stay tuned - I think we're going to arrange some kind of a social gathering to start the ball rolling on some kind of a network!

No comments:

Post a Comment