January 13, 2008

So far so good

Waiting in Manchester for the flight to DC. Here we go! Not going to mention that previous problem so as not to jinx anything.

While I'm waiting I thought I would answer some questions that one of the organizers of the conference, Tom, posed in a welcome email.

What do you hope to gain from this conference?
I think my main goals are as follows.

  • Learn about new tools and deepen my skills with tools I already know about
  • Explore how new technology can be used in both management of EL programs, as well as as course elements of EL programs
  • Meet, share and be inspired by like minded professionals
  • Spread the word about New Hampton School as doing some good work in both education in general and EL/tech in particular
  • Become a more valuable member of the OB Wiki team so I can be more productive to the project
  • Identify specific things I can bring back to NHS
I realize many folks reading this blog perhaps for the first time may not be totally up on all the language I'm throwing around. Here's a little primer and some links to help.
Here's an idea, in the same line of thinking as Beth's Open Thread, if you have questions, ideas or thoughts that might be addressed by Wikifest please leave a comment on this post and I'll see what I can do to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment