Waiting in Manchester for the flight to DC. Here we go! Not going to mention that previous problem so as not to jinx anything.
While I'm waiting I thought I would answer some questions that one of the organizers of the conference, Tom, posed in a welcome email.
What do you hope to gain from this conference?
I think my main goals are as follows.
- Learn about new tools and deepen my skills with tools I already know about
- Explore how new technology can be used in both management of EL programs, as well as as course elements of EL programs
- Meet, share and be inspired by like minded professionals
- Spread the word about New Hampton School as doing some good work in both education in general and EL/tech in particular
- Become a more valuable member of the OB Wiki team so I can be more productive to the project
- Identify specific things I can bring back to NHS
- EL as in Experiential Learning, here's how we define this at New Hampton School
- NHS or New Hampton School, the independent high school where I work
- Wiki a collaborative website built by many for mutual benefit, examples include Wikipedia, the Outward Bound World Resources Project or my own wiki