So Ilana thinks she's pretty cool because she just completed a NOLS educator course. Actually, come to think of it, she is pretty cool because of that. But that's beside the point. She stopped by the office today to share with me some things she's learned.
For example tussocks are our friends. And tallus slopes are not. No actually she did have some words of wisdom that she quoted from Howard Tomb entitled, "Expedition Behavior: The Finer Points."
I'll sum up the key learnings for you here, but you should also check out the full details at Tomb's website.
- Get the hell out of bed
- Do not be cheerful before breakfast
- Do not complain
- Learn to cook at least one thing right
- Either A) shampoo or B) do not remove your hat for any reason
- Do not ask if anyone has seen your stuff
- Never ask where you are
- Always carry more than your fair share
- Do not get sunburned
- Do not get killed