March 24, 2007

I wish I was there!

I missed the big boil down yesterday and today! Mostly that is - I tagged in for a few hours when Dave needed to step away.

Among other folks Katka and her daughter helped out with the whole process and sent along some great pictures. Thanks for that!

I'm a little bummed out that I haven't been able to help as much as I would like to. I love this project and really want to see it successful - or at least give it the full shot it deserves!

Dave reported this evening that he got more than a gallon of syrup from this last boiling - well done! I would like to increase our boiling capacity somehow. This amount of syrup took him, what - 20 hours?

I'm looking forward to any pics Dave can get up of his reported 'liquid gold!'

Pancakes tomorow?

No comments:

Post a Comment